Non-Surgical Treatment for Lymphedema
Offered by Lymphedema and Vascular Clinic Mumbai
MANUAL LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a special scientific massage technique which opens out some dormant lymphatic side channels and thus decrease the swelling. This technique is called the Manual Lymphatic drainage (MLD).
MULTILAYERED SPECIAL BANDAGING
Multilayered special bandaging is applied in a particular manner to keep the gradient of flow of lymph, thus decreasing the swelling
- Aggressive administration of antibiotics.
- Debridement to remove necrotic tissues.
- Gentle scrubbing and irrigation.
- Compressive and non-adhesive dressings.
- Massage therapy to drain the surrounding fluid.
- Exercise involving gentle muscle contraction.
- Surgery to remove excess lymphatic fluid if need be.